Due to growth, we are looking to add an experienced roofer to our team. We primarily undertake domestic and commercial residential roofing services across the North East and surrounding areas.
The role will involve:
• Carrying out roofing work, maintenance, and minor construction work.
• Ensuring that all work undertaken is completed with due regard for quality, productivity, and safety.
• Undertaking roofing work on customers properties.
• Undertaking, as and when required, roofing work associated with major and minor new construction work.
• Repairing and maintaining felt, tiled, and slated roofs as well as undertaking minor joinery work as necessary in association with roofing work.
• Carrying out minor lead or metal flashing works in association with roofing work.
• Carrying out minor repointing and brickwork associated with roofing work.
• Ensuring that all necessary paperwork is completed and returned in accordance with established procedures.
• Providing excellent service to customers - maintaining a good customer relationship is a priority.
You will be required to:
• Always act as a representative of the company and ensure that the customer is completely satisfied.
• Adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures and undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
• Comply with relevant health and safety legislation, policies, and procedures in the performance of the duties of the post.
• Carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with the Company’s equal opportunities policies.
• Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
• Understand and comply with the Company’s environmental policies.
• Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, in proportion with the level of responsibilities of the post.
The postholder will be responsible for supervising a labourer as and when required.
• NVQ Level 2 (preferred)
• 5 years in the roofing trade (preferred)
• Roof repairs
• Flat roofs (EPDM, GRP etc)
• Soffits, fascias, and guttering
• Safe working practices
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and customer service skills, will have high attention to detail and be punctual.
• Full UK driving license
Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8:00am - 4:00pm. Some Saturday working may be required, for which overtime will be paid.
If interested please call us on 0191 244 9587 or send a message for more information.